The academy focus for activity will be on connecting the key parameters of pickleball, that is, technical and tactical, to sound and meaningful strategical play. We typically conduct two daily player level sessions running 9am-noon and 1-4pm. The two levels run opposite times of each other with a daily flip-flop of start times. Maximum of 16 players for each level (2.5-3.0) or (3.5).
Participants will register providing their playing level. Either 2.5-3.0 or 3.5.
Note: Please be clear about your rating (See Below).
Player ratings are being used primarily to match players in league, tournament or drop-in play equitably. Even if you don’t participate in tournaments, it is useful to know your rating. Knowing your rating will let you speak knowledgeably about your game, find players with whom you are equally matched, and help you elevate your game by showing you what skills to improve.
· Non-Volley Zone. Dinking parameters strategies and ball movement.
· Moving to the net. The Transition Zone. Dropping verses Driving. Offense verses Defense.
· Baseline: Stroke selection and production.
· Development of Serve and Return as offensive tools.
· Volleys: Drives and Blocks.
· Resetting: How, When Why and Where.
· Offensive and Defensive Lobbing.
· Court Positioning and Partner Communication.
· Practice Play. Learning Strategies and Play Patterns.